Analyzing a Persuasive Speech
1. Read all five speeches to the right.
2. In class, analyze a speech using the concept of the structure by Nancy Duarte (Refer to Speech Resources for guidance).
3. Click on the link to the speech you select. Copy the text and paste it into the Persuasive Speech page in OneNote.
4. Use your highlighter and color-code the sections of the document that show allusions, simile, metaphors, hyperbole, idioms, and repetition. (Be sure to add a key.)
5. Use a marker in the Draw feature to analyze the pattern in the speech document.
6. At the bottom of the document, address the following questions:
A persuasive speech works to convince people to change in some way. Some examples of persuasive speeches: