Interpreting a Literary Work
1. Read your assigned section in the biography Stolen Into Slavery: The True Story of Solomon Northup, Free Black Man by Judith and Dennis Fradin.
2. Answer the discussion questions related to your section.
3. With your group, discuss the questions in a Socratic Circle.
4. Script your sections into two scenes to create a Reader's Theater that will last 4-5 minutes.
5. Use the Scope magazine as a model for your script.
6. Prepare to present your Reader's Theater to the class.
This type of speaking style involves an interpretation of a literary work and incorporates scripting and performance. Some examples of literary performances: